Up to 60 Adults with ASD and related disabilities will become residents of the 29 Acres housing community.
Our property is comprised of 29 acres of gently rolling, heavily wooded terrain with numerous meadows and fields in Cross Roads, Texas. Though nestled in a welcoming and country-like atmosphere, we are minutes away from two major universities and several rapidly growing cities. We are also near two major lakes that will be utilized in our therapeutic recreation program and minutes away from over 100 miles of walking and biking trails at two large state parks.
- 29 Acres may be your first home or your permanent home – residents may stay as long as they like
- Built for safety and security, including 24/7 supervision and a state-of-the-art technology platform to further independence and enhance safety
- Spaces will be predictable and simple. Design will maximize familiarity, clarity and minimize visual stimulation, ambient sound and lighting.
- Durable materials will be utilized throughout to minimize maintenance and replacement costs and optimize resident safety
- The design will feature sustainability to help reduce costs over the lifetime of the community
- Residents will customize their personal living spaces to accommodate their own personal preferences and particular needs
Our housing community will be research-based and designed to accommodate the sensory differences that are known to be important to persons with autism.
Key Features and Amenities
- Gated community with fourteen homes featuring multiple floor plans to accommodate individual living preferences
- 8000 square foot repurposed barn which will serve as our community center and social hub, and will include a:
- optional dining area
- teaching kitchen
- library and computer center
- fitness center
- prevocational labs
- leisure area for gathering.
- Gated Swimming pool with 2 therapeutic hot tubs and cabana
- Therapeutic swimming pool, hot tub and cabana
- Sport courts
- Organic gardens and greenhouses
- Walking and biking paths around the community