HAVE YOU PLANNED A LIVING LEGACY?
29 Acres helps to ensure that people living with autism and neurodiversity have community and a safe place to live where community and happiness are the standard.
Build a Sustainable Future for Texans Living with Autism and Neurodiversity
An impactful way to contribute to the future of 29 Acres is through planned giving, also known as granting a legacy or making a bequest.
Options for leaving a legacy to 29 Acres
Your gift can take any of the following forms:
- In your will or a bequest – after making provisions for your family and friends, the balance of your belongings (legally referred to as your “estate”) is donated to 29 Acres.
- Percentage of your estate – where a specific percentage of your estate is left to 29 Acres.
- Pecuniary bequest – a specific sum of money is donated.
- Specific gift bequest – referring to any non-cash items such as shares, property, jewelry, artwork, or other valuables, which can be given to 29 Acres.
- Life insurance/assurance policy
- Life income plan – set up a trust for your dependants, providing them with a regular income, while the principal of the trust (the original amount invested) is paid to your favorite cause after a specified time period – this can also be known as a “charitable remainder trust.”
The next step is to make an appointment with your financial or legal adviser. They can help you decide what sort of legacy to leave. See sample language for making a bequest, but we urge you to consult with a legal or financial adviser to make sure that:
- You can take advantage of any savings in inheritance tax.
- Your will is legal and valid for your country.
The cost of using a professional adviser is often very little when compared to the legal costs your family may incur should you pass away without leaving a valid will.
Join the 29 Acres Legacy Fellowship
Complete the 29 Acres Declaration of Future Intent form and send to 29 Acres.
Thank you. Together we make a difference and improve lives for Texans living with autism and neurodiverisity.
Thinking of leaving a legacy? Contact:
Kayli Webster, Development Coordinator
29 Acres Tax ID # 27-5537523 is a charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3). All gifts to 29 Acres are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.