29Acres Enrichment services encompasses a full range of support services that are available to 29 Acres residents and for clients who participate in Enrich services on a daytime basis only. The type and hours of Enrichment services provided are tailored to the needs and goals of each client. We offer services 7 days a week.
Our support services are designed to model a typical adult life. One that occurs in the community and is supported by strong & meaningful social connections and relationships.
Support services will take place in the college town of Denton and surrounding communities allowing us to capture valuable teaching and training opportunities with our university partners, and to establish meaningful relationships with local businesses and other community members. Community partnerships are essential to the success of our clients as they are the vehicle for program implementation and the path towards natural, unpaid support.
It all starts with an comprehensive individualized life plan (ILP) for each client. Together with the client and their circle of support, Enrichment Services will develop goals, objectives and individualized teaching strategies that will serve as the roadmap for implementing the ILP.
Intrinsically Motivating Opportunities
- Internships, volunteer opportunities and paid employment based off the clients interests and skill set.
- Supported employment and on-site job coaching
- Trade school/ higher learning assistance
Advancing Independent Living Skills
- How to navigate the community
- Preparing a healthy lunch and cleaning up after yourself
- Safety skills within the kitchen, community, and transportation
- Budgeting, paying for a snack within the community
- Keeping your house or apartment tidy
Pursuing Passions and Creative Outlets
- Cooking or computer classes
- Art/yoga/music lessons
- Creative writing
Strengthening the Sense of Belonging
- Building meaningful engagement with friends and community members
- Learning how to safely navigate social media outlets
- Improving mental and physical well-being & quality of life
- Adaptive lake program (wake boarding, tubing, paddle boarding)
- Horseback riding/rock climbing
- Hiking clubs
We take an evidence based approach to our support services, using low client:staff ratios and the principles of ABA therapy in the natural environment. We will encourage clients to pursue new activities & opportunities to expand skills, while carefully & respectfully supporting them. Outcomes will be measured and communicated with the client, family and/or other caretakers or professionals.
Live further south or can’t make the drive? Take the 29 Acres shuttle from both Frisco and Lewisville. Inquire at [email protected].
Funding 29 Acres support services:
At 29 Acres, our services are designed using staff:client ratios that are meant to lead to meaningful improvements and desired outcomes. We know funding is a concern for families.
Here is a list of possible funding options in addition to private pay:
1. We are able to offer a limited amount of partial scholarships based on need. You will need to fill out an application to apply which can be found below.
2. We have been approved as an HCS and TxHmL vendor and will be accepting payment for certain waiver services.
3. We are providers in Denton and Collin County for Texas Workforce Solutions and employment services.
4. We are credentialed for Aetna, United Healthcare, Cigna and BCBS and are able to bill for ABA services.