Enrich 29 provides year round support services and programming for individuals living with autism or a related neurodiversity. Currently we are providing these services from 9-5 Mon. through Friday. Starting in 2020, we will be extending our support services to include 24/7 support including a residential component if needed.
Our support services are designed to model a typical adult life. One that occurs in the community and is supported by strong & meaningful social connections and relationships.
Support services will take place in the college town of Denton and surrounding communities allowing us to capture valuable teaching and training opportunities with our university partners, and to establish meaningful relationships with local businesses and other community members. Community partnerships are essential to the success of our clients as they are the vehicle for program implementation and the path towards natural, unpaid support.
It all starts with an comprehensive individualized life plan (ILP) for each client. Together with the client and their circle of support, Enrich 29 will develop goals, objectives and individualized teaching strategies that will serve as the roadmap for implementing the ILP.
Intrinsically Motivating Opportunities
- Internships, voluntteer opportunities and paid employment based off the clients interests and skill set.
- Supported employment and on-site job coaching
- Trade school/ higher learning assistance
Advancing Independent Living Skills
- How to navigate the community
- Preparing a healthy lunch and cleaning up after yourself
- Safety skills within the kitchen, community, and transportation
- Budgeting, paying for a snack within the community
- Keeping your house or apartment tidy
Pursuing Passions and Creative Outlets
- Cooking or computer classes
- Art/yoga/music lessons
- Creative writing
Strengthening the Sense of Belonging
- Building meaningful engagement with friends and community members
- Learning how to safely navigate social media outlets
- Improving mental and physical well-being & quality of life
- Adaptive lake program (wake boarding, tubing, paddle boarding)
- Horseback riding/rock climbing
- Hiking clubs
We take an evidence based approach to our support services, using low client:staff ratios and the principles of ABA therapy in the natural environment. We will encourage clients to pursue new activities & opportunities to expand skills, while carefully & respectfully supporting them. Outcomes will be measured and communicated with the client, family and/or other caretakers or professionals.
To learn more about 29 Acres programming, come to a coffee/informational session the first Tuesday of every month from 8-9am OR the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6-7pm.
Oct. 1st, Nov. 5th or Dec. 3rd from 8-9am
Sept. 18th, Oct. 16th, Nov. 20th and Dec. 18th from 6-7pm
Location: 820 N. Elm StreetDenton TX 76201